Current version: 1.3.2
last updated: 14-08-2004
Elmo project has got the new maintainer
After 5 year of being inactive elmo has got the new maintaner (Arnold Shade). I will be developing the code, tuning the web-site and fixing bugs. Project goals will stay similar, elmo continues to be hosted on SourceForge. I am now the only person responsible for elmo, its original author is glad to hand the development over to me. I have not made any changes to the source code yet, but so far:
- Polish interface of the web-site is gone
- Database- and PHP-oriented appraches for web-site are eliminated (now it is based on static web-pages).
- All mailing lists related to elmo have been deleted (use watching and monitoring facilities on SF)
- Tracker is marked as obsolete. I will move all useful information to the site web-pages. Although tracker is a handy tool, I don't need it now. Please use forum instead.
- Binary distro-specific packages and latest snapshots will not be supported
- CVS is marked as obsolete, elmo will be using SVN instead
Project is Closed by its original author
After over half a year not doing anything with Elmo I decided to admit that nothing is going to change.
I want to thank all the people around the world who have helped and supported me.
New version of elmo has been just released. It contains several bugfixes and updated translations. It is now possible to run an arbitrary command to open an attachment (see docs for details), and elmo is now less conservative about the format of the message, so you can read many invalid mails composed with broken email programs.
Networking support has been rewritten, and it is now more intuitive when you fetch messages from your accounts. Elmo may now check all your accounts for new mail, and play sound, when it finds some. This, and few other improvements have been included in new release - 1.3.0.
I promised to release new version of Elmo long time ago, but unfortunately had no time to do it untill today. You can download new versions of Elmo from sourceforge.
Here is a list of new features:
- Properties enable you to dynamically set some variables.
- It is now possible to search addresses in addressbook, boxes, and words in a mailreader.
- Macros enable you to create new functions from existing ones.
- The documentation shipped together with Elmo has been much extended.
New = stable
I have just released elmo 1.1.0, and decided to make it stable. You will find many new features including partial GPG support, OpenSSL support, and interactive search (with possibility of mistake). Many bugs have been fixed, tutorial has been added, and elmocnf script has been improved.
Web page status
The web page has been modified, so it should open easier in text-browser. We have added list of links to daily CVS snapshots, and started maintaining list of people making binary packages of elmo.
Next release is ready
I have just uploaded tarball of version 1.0.3. Besides bugfixes, there are few important improvements:
- Addressbook implementation has been finally changed to use new interface. It is now fully functional.
- 2 themes has been put into the tarball so you can learn how to customize elmo's appearance.
- You can now map meta-keys to actions. There are also few new default actions (like word-killing), that make use of this feature.
- Elmoconf.pl script has been updated, and it is now much easier to create your first configuration file.
Further improvements in unstable
I have made many changes to 1.0.1. Most important are bugfixes that have been found since then. However there are some improvements including:
- SMTP AUTH
- default mime types
You are encouraged to download, and submit bugs.
Elmo 0.8.3 ready to download
New version of elmo brings many bugfixes, and minor feature improvements. Elmo is able to read strings of arbitrary length. It is now easier to set CC, and BCC fields in messages.
I have just finished smtp-auth support, and you can download new version of elmo from CVS. To enable it you need to define username and password fields in smtp_acc variable. These are mostly the same as in coresponding pop_acc variable.
0.8.2 is ready
You can download Elmo 0.8.2 from sourceforge.net site. You will find a link in download section. There are lots of improvements since 0.8 including addressbook, help windows and many, many more.
Documentation site has been launched!
At last! We have launched the documentation page. It's still under heavy development, but at least we can find there something about beginning of our adventure with elmo. Feel free to write us about problems with this product. Submit to elmo-users mail discussion list.
As you can see, elmo 0.8 has been finally released. All the changes were incorporated to the source tree.
Many changes were made since 0.7.2.
- mailboxes are cached
- bayesian mail filter is now very simple to configure
- german translation
- many bugfixes
Unfortunately it is now impossible to make a new tarball because I have some troubles with my software tools. But I encourage you to get the latest sources from cvs (see download for instructions).
New web page has been launched
We've created this web site to give you a best way for explore our program. Nevertheless documentation system is still under develop. Be pacient! For now delight the simple design of our web page and have a best way for getting new information of the developement :)